International Summer: Quadalajara, Mexico Scholarship
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Classes: May 19-June 15, 2023
About International Summer
International Summer is Global Gateways’ study abroad program for scholars who identify as African American and attend an HBCU. This year’s program is hosted by ITESO University in Guadalajara, Mexico. International Summer participants enroll in classes at ITESO with students and professors from all over the world. The program is from May 22, 2023 to June 15, 2023. The scholarship pays for one class taught by visiting international and ITESO University professors. Click here to see list of classes. International Summer encourages students to cultivate intercultural communication, academic flexibility, and language skills. International Summer is a credit bearing study abroad program.
Global Gateways is providing a limited number of scholarships to cover tuition (one class), housing, meals and passport fees. One class is eight (8) credit hours at ITESO. Which is equivalent to four (4) US credits. Scholarship also includes transcript that is issued in English and sent to home university.
- Have completed two full semesters and achieved sophomore standing.
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- Must attend an HBCU
- Must be in good standing with university. Students on disciplinary or academic probation are not eligible.
- Must complete online application.
- Provide official transcript
- Provide two letters of reference
- Must be able to participate for full duration of program from May 22, 2023 – June 15, 2023.
Click here to apply. For more information, call Global Gateways at (769) 208-6123 or email Shameka@globalgateways.org.
If selected, scholar will be responsible for airfare, spending money, and any other financial obligations not covered by the scholarship.